Monday 4 March 2013

Evaluation Question 3




Transcript:

The audience that I decided to aim my media products as is mainly females in the social class B-C2 aging between 16-25. I identified that their interests involve attending festivals/gigs and listening to indie/alternative music. Knowing this I wanted to make a music video that was unusual and did not follow the norms for a music video, therefore I made something different and unique in order to appeal to this target audience. I feel that my audience would like this video as the model in it wears simple clothes and does not portray any particular personality or idiosyncrasies, this enabling my audience to identify with them as they fell like they could be that person because they can forget about themselves and relate to the lyrics of being free and feeling good.

After making the products it is important to gain audience feedback and to understand the consumers needs and wants, as if I do not appeal to them then the audience will dislike the products I made and then they will therefore not serve their purpose correctly. It is key that the audience is understood, signifying why the feedback of these products is important, because if there are nay issues with my product such as it does not appeal to my audience or it does not satisfy them I will need to change these, therefore taking this feedback and using it to help me create media products that are suitable.
To generate this feedback I made drafts of my digipak and magazine advert. For example I had created many different versions of my digipak front cover, I was unsure of which one was best therefore after asking my audience they advised me on which ones they preferred, this enabling me to create a digipak that now appeals to my audience, because if I did not do this, then my audience would not want to buy the digipak. Also once I believe I had finished my digipak front I asked some of my audience members if they would write feedback on the Photoshop document of my digipak, I also asked the same for my magazine advert. I received mostly positive comments about them both but one comment that I found useful on the digipak was to change the presentation of the album title, therefore it lead me onto changing the font to a smaller modest font in order to go better with the simplistic theme. After this I also felt that my digipak cover looked a lot better. Furthermore for my magazine advert the feedback that I received was to get rid of the Twitter and Facebook logos as these added colour to the advert which broke from the black and white house style of my products. Feedback like this enabled me to know what things my audience like and dislike as they told me, this helps me to appeal to them more.
Additionally after I had finished my music video and my other ancillary texts I interviewed two members of my audience, they are two females both of ages 18, they too gave back positive feedback, comments such as they liked the unusual idea as they had not seen this done before and that they liked the clear house style. This emphasising that due to the research of my audience I was able to understand them better enabling me to create products that appealed to them and that catered to their needs and wants of a music video. Overall signifying that I was able to learn what my audience wanted also how to gain this feedback and what types of things I should change in order to appeal to them more.

No comments:

Post a Comment