Wednesday 27 February 2013

Evaluation Question 4


Transcript:

Throughout the planning, research, construction and evaluation stages I have used many different varieties of media technologies to assist me varying from computer programmes to websites.

Firstly during the research tasks that I have completed I used the internet to help to me to gather information. Such as in some tasks such as Research into existing music labels and tracking an artist throughout their career, Internet explorer helped me to use search engines such as Google and Bing in order for me to gather information, also I found that Wikipedia was a useful website as it helped to give information about research tasks like Music Channels. Then when I wanted to present this format on my blog I used different mediums such as Prezi and Scribd. I found that Prezi helped me to create a presentation that was interesting and that portrayed my findings clearly also Scribd is a website that enabled me to turn PowerPoint documents into an accessible material on my blog, by the use of embedding them into my blog.
Moreover PowerPoint assisted me in other ways than just for the use of Scribd documents but also acted as a platform for me to collect a variety of images for my main mood board and my audience mood board, I then used these collection of images to act as one image to use as these boards. Emphasising how PowerPoint enabled me to collect research and to help me make my research compatible with my blog.
Furthermore did not just use the computer programme PowerPoint for my research and planning tasks but it also assisted me with the construction stages. For example after using the Canon MG5350 to scan in the drawn drafts of my digipak and magazine advert, I uploaded them into PowerPoint and started to edit them from there. Such as using the Crop tool and inserting in text. This helped me to view my ideas better and more clearly enabling me to create my final products more successfully. Also I used PowerPoint to add in text into my storyboards to make it clearer and more helpful for when I was filming. Then after my storyboard was complete I used Windows Movie maker to help make the animatic. This consisted of importing the song and images into Windows Movie Maker then placing them into the correct order, then when it was finished to complete it I published it to the computer. By using Windows Movie Maker and creating the animatic it let me see my idea better and helped me when I started filming as I knew what kinds of shots and how many I needed.
I also used windows movie maker in tasks such as the audience feedback video and the evidence of my Raw Footage, I did a similar thing again just by importing the needed files into Movie Maker then editing everything into the correct place, then publishing it.
After completing my drafts and storyboards I needed to start filming and to take my photos. After conducting my research I used the Canon XM2 Camcorder and the Canon 550D. I used this particular camcorder as I had planned to use slow motion effects on my footage, I discovered that this camera would film the footage already in slow motion, this helped me to see what my footage looked like with the slow motion effect. Then for when I was taking photos for my digipak and magazine advert I used the Canon 550D, this was because I found that it took photos in good quality and had a sports setting on it this helped for when I was taking fast moving pictures such as the shots where my model is flicking her hair, this helped to capture a clear image.
As all my photos and footage had been collected, I started using Adobe Photoshop to edit the images and to construct my digipak and magazine advert. I used many tools such as the magnetic lasso tool in order to cut out images, also the crop tool and the exposure, brightness and levels adjusters in order to make my images black and white, I also used Photoshop to place the images into my digipak format with additional written information and other images such as the record label photo, signifying that this media technology enabled me to create these products easily and successfully.
In addition when moving on to constructing my music video I used Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premiere. I had never used after effects before so in order to learn how to use and what I needed to do in order to create the effects that I wanted I used YouTube to help me find tutorials on how to complete these specific skills. The tutorials showed me how to add in the rain effect which I learnt I had to use the Dissolve tool then adjust the length, size and frequency of it. It also helped me to turn the footage into black and white as well as manipulating the time of it by slowing it down and putting it into reverse. Then once this footage had been adjusted I started to construct my music video by using Premiere, this worked by me importing the needed files into it which included the two different files of my footage one which played in normal order the other which had the reverse effect and then the song. I used to cut tool to edit the footage and to put into the correct order, I also had to change to brightness of some of the footage as well as manipulating the speed again this was done by using the speed/duration tool and changing it from 100% to 25% in order for the footage to play at the appropriate speed. Once I was satisfied and though my product was finished I started to export it and render it this took a while but then once it was finished it enabled my video to play well and clearly.
Lastly when my video was finished in order for me to upload it into my blog I had to upload it to Vimeo first in order for it to play off of my blog, this took some time for it to finish uploading but then enabled me to view it successfully via my blog.
I then started to evaluate my main product and its ancillary texts by writing it in Microsoft Word and then presenting them in different ways such as through a Prezi, Scribd document a Windows Movie Maker video or through the use of issuu. I used issuu much like scribd however I created the PowerPoint document first saved it as a PDF then uploaded it to issuu, this enabling me to present my evaluation like an online magazine that was viewable on my blog.
Over I believe that I have used many different varieties of Media technologies, in many different ways in order to present my research, planning, construction and evolutions on my Blog which has helped me to view this work clearly without any issue because I have used another media technology, Blogger to help me do this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment