Thursday 24 January 2013

Editing Software

After filming my music video I am now in the post production stage, therefore with the footage that I have I need to edit it in order to make the finished video. Firstly as I want my video to be in black and white with slow motion and reverse effects on it, I need to use the Programme Adobe After Effects. This programme is easy to use and if I need any help then there are many tutorial videos on YouTube. After affects will enable me to create the music video I vision as I can use this programme to enhanced my video. After using After affects I will further edit my video in Adobe Premiere.

 
The affects that I used in after affects included making a rain effect, this I had to learn to do by watching YouTube tutorials. The way I found to create the rain was to use the dissolve tool and play around with it in order to get the correct consistency and length of rain. I then had to change the colour of my footage to black and white, but to make sure that it wasn’t too dark or too light I changed the levels and brightness.

Furthermore I used After Affects to manipulate the time of the video, this included making the video slow motion and playing the video in reverse. This too I learnt from YouTube Tutorials. It was easy to manipulate the time I just had to left click on the footage click on time and then change it from there.

Once I had edited my footage I started to edit the music video in Premiere. I did this by having two sets of footage, the footage in reverse and the footage in normal order, I then picked the edits I wanted to use an cut them down. As some of the speed of the edits were not slow enough I edited the speed by highlighting the footage, right clicking it and editing the speed/duration, most of the footage is at a 25% speed, where as others may vary depending on the type of clip. Then to edit the clips and shots I used the cut tool and placed the clips in the correct order.
Then to edit my photos and to create my magazine advert and digipak I used PhotoShop. I used this to edit the photos such as turning them into black and white, manipulating the levels and brightness and making the images symmetrical. I also used it to add in text such as the album title and album information.
All of the Programmes that I used were easy once I had learnt what I needed to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment